If you would like to apply for an assistance dog, and you meet the eligibility criteria, please submit your details below or fill in the pre application form and return to ASDOG. After application forms are received and assessed, candidates will be contacted to participate in a telephone interview.
Suitably matched assistance dogs may be partnered with applicants who:
- are 18 years or older
- have a physical disability
- can effectively communicate with, instruct and independently exercise a dog
- are able and willing to pay for food, veterinary and all other expenses for the life of a dog
- have no other dogs less than 10 years of age in the home
- have a fully fenced and gated yard
- live in the greater Sydney metropolitan area
Please note that ASDOG is only able to place assistance dogs with people with a physical disability. ASDOG does NOT train or place dogs to do seizure or diabetic alert/response, to anticipate or detect medical symptoms, for the primary benefit of emotional comfort or social support.
If you would like to talk to us about applying for an assistance dog please call 1300 788 721.